"There's a big shaker of Magic Dust next to the salt and pepper in my own kitchen and at all my restaurants", says Barbecue Legend Mike Mills. "I wish I could figure out a way to attach the bottle to the restaurant tables because, at my restaurants, it's the most frequently stolen item!"
To make it a little more hot and spicy, increase the mustard powder and black pepper to 1/4 cup each.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL paprika
- 1/4 cup/60 mL kosher salt, finely ground
- 1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard powder
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chili powder
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup/60 mL granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a tightly covered container. You'll want to keep some in a shaker next to the grill or stove for easy use.
- Store in a covered jar or air tight plastic container for up to 1 year after preparation. This rub can be used on beef, chicken, pork, fish, seafood, and vegetables.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|