This maitre d'hotel butter sauce recipe is a hot version of classic maitre d'hotel butter. This herbed butter sauce, kicked up with just a bit of fresh lemon juice, makes a bright accompaniment to mildly flavored fish. Though it is not traditionally served with poultry, this flavored butter sauce adds a scrumptiously rich complexity to roasted chicken and whipped potatoes. Here's to being unconventional in the kitchen!
This flavored butter sauce recipe makes 1/2 cup sauce, approximately 4 to 6 servings.
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Melt all the ingredients together in a small pan set over low heat.
- Serve the flavored butter sauce hot over fish.
- Alternately, chill the butter sauce in a mold and cut pieces of it to serve over steak.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||29 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|