Using a panini press is one of the fastest and easiest methods for creating the perfect grilled cheese sandwich. The heat is evenly distributed from both sides, the weight from the top of the grill presses the sandwich perfectly, and most importantly there's no flipping involved.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices/3 grams cheese
- 2 parts of salted butter (or 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise)
- Allow your panini press to heat up for about 7 minutes.
- Assemble your sandwich. Feel free to get creative here if you want!
- Once the sandwich is made, gently place it in your panini maker and press the lid down, gently enough so that it doesn't completely smash your sandwich but also enough that both sides are touching the heated grates. Allow the sandwich to cook for a few minutes on each side until the cheese has melted and the bread has crisped up, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich from the maker and allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving so that the cheese can thicken up and won't ooze out when you cut it.
- If you overload your sandwich with cheese, the weight from the lid will smash it out and the cheese will ooze out. This is fine but keep this fact in mind.
- Use a plastic spatula to remove the grilled cheese sandwich - most panini presses have a nonstick coating that will get messed up if metal scratches it.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||43 g|
|Saturated Fat||25 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|