Quick breakfast doesn’t have to mean boring (or carbo-loaded) breakfast. These vegetarian breakfast quesadillas are packed with flavor and protein. For an easy morning treat, make these ahead of time and freeze, then microwave and/or heat on the pan (the pan will give it a crispy finish) when you’re ready to eat.
- 4 large eggs, or 1 large egg and 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup black beans, you can use canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn, you can use canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 tortillas
- Whisk the eggs (or egg and egg whites). Scramble as you normally would and set aside.
- Combine the black beans, corn, scrambled eggs, onion, cilantro, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Lay out the tortillas and place ½ the mixture on one side of each and fold over. Let come to room temperature.
- Line a plate or tray with parchment paper, place the quesadillas on top and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Remove and then individually wrap each for freezer storage.
- To reheat, you can microwave for about 1 minute until cheese is melted. You can also heat in a skillet until cheese is melted and tortilla is brown.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||63 g|
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||21 g|