This super easy and delicious breakfast recipe for Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs is a wonderful time saver on holiday or school mornings. Make it the night before, then just reheat in the morning. To make these even more special, put them in puff pastry shells, as in Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs in Puff Pastry. But they are delicious on their own, served with sausage or bacon and some fresh fruit, coffee, and orange juice.
Every spring, my husband and I scramble about 12 dozen eggs using this recipe to serve to school kids before they take standardized tests. The recipe works beautifully and the kids do well!
This recipe is also great for entertaining. If you want to double it, make two batches in two separate casseroles rather than trying to bake 24 eggs in one pan! Use your favorite cheese in this recipe; Havarti, Swiss, or Gouda would be delicious as well.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Beat eggs with cream in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Pour eggs into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled and just set, but still moist.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream.
5. Spread eggs into a greased 12x7" glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
5. When ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Uncover the baking dish and sprinkle eggs with pepper and salt.
6. Stir gently, then bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are hot, at least 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|