01 of 03
Here Is What You Will Need to Make Cheese Crisps (Cheese Tuiles)
Cheese Crisps are great as the base for appetizers or as a garnish for salads like shrimp with pomegranate vinaigrette. Here's what you'll need to make cheese crisps (cheese tuiles):
- 1 cup grated hard cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano
- Black pepper, paprika, chopped parsley (all optional)
Makes 4 cheese crisps.Continue to 2 of 3 below.
02 of 03
Grate the Cheese and Place on a Silicone Mat
Continue to 3 of 3 below.
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat. Using a small cookie scoop, place heaping scoops of cheese, that has been grated on the small holes of a box grater, 3 inches apart on the mat.
- Using the ball part of the scoop, spread the cheese into a 4-inch circle. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper, paprika or parsley. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and lacy-looking.
03 of 03
Drape Hot Cheese Crisps Over a Form
- After removing the crisps from the oven, wait 1 second and, using a thin metal spatula, drape them over a small bowl, rolling pin or other form you desire it to take. Alternatively, you can leave it flat.
- Cheese crisps are great to hold appetizers, and as a garnish for salads or mashed potatoes and other savory foods. They're also great on their own as a snack.