Fresh mangoes flavor this lean and tasty pork tenderloin. This is a quick, three-ingredient recipe that can be easily thrown together for dinner any night of the week.
- 2 medium ripe mangoes
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 3/4 pound
- 1 can cooking spray or 2 tsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A few dashes hot pepper sauce
- Put pulp of 1 mango in food processor or blender.
- Cut the other mango into small cubes.
- Trim pork tenderloin and slice into 1-inch thick medallions.
- Flatten slices lightly with hand.
- Spray a skillet or medium saucepan with cooking spray or add a small amount of olive oil and heat on medium-high.
- Brown pork for 1 minute on each side.
- Season each side with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and cook pork another 5 minutes to cook through.
- Remove to a plate and add mango puree to the skillet or saucepan.
- Cook puree, scraping up brown bits of pork, for about 30 seconds.
- Add several drops of hot sauce and the mango cubes.
- Toss cubes in puree while heating through.
- Spoon sauce over pork and serve with pasta or hot cooked rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|