This barbecue dry rub spice mix from a popular Texas restaurant is great on grilled steaks. This mixture will be enough for 6 steaks. The recipe is easily multiplied so you can make up a batch to keep on hand. Store it in a cool, dark place in a sealed glass bottle up to 1 month.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix paprika, curry powder, chili powder, dry mustard, coriander, pepper, sugar, thyme, salt, cayenne, and cumin together.
- Rub on beef cuts such as T-bones, tenderloin, top sirloin and top loin (strip). Grill or broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare.
Recipe Source: Dean Fearing, Chef, The Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas, TX
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|