These tasty pork chops are a snap to prepare and cook in the skillet. Serve these well-seasoned chops with rice or potatoes, along with corn or your favorite vegetable.
- 4 pork loin chops
- Dash Creole seasoning (or seasoned salt blend)
- Dash black pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or Canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange (or another lemon)
- Season the pork chops on both sides with Creole seasoning and pepper; dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chops for about 5 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- In a cup or bowl, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- Add syrup mixture to the pork chops; cover and cook for 15 minutes, turning 3 to 4 times to keep the chops coated with the syrup.
- Uncover and cook for about 5 minutes longer, turning once or twice.
More Pork Chops
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|