Use tart Granny Smith apples in this tasty combination. Maple syrup and spices flavor these slow cooker sweet potatoes.
- 5 to 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 apples (such as Granny Smith) peeled & cored, cut in wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of the slow cooker.
- Peel sweet potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange sweet potato slices over bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with apple wedges; then nutmeg and cinnamon, maple syrup, and the melted butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 to 5 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with pecans the last 30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|