- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloins
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (or enough to coat pan)
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced or diced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, dark
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Slice pork tenderloins crosswise into rounds about one inch thick. Lightly sprinkle both sides of the medallions with salt and pepper; press both sides into the flour.
- Put enough olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or sauté pan to coat the bottom of the pan; heat over medium heat. Add the pork medallions and brown for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the medallions to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and green onions to the pan. Cook until mushrooms are just tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl; stir to blend thoroughly.
- Put the pork tenderloin back in the skillet and pour glaze over all; stir to coat all pieces of pork.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once. (If the skillet is not ovenproof, transfer everything to a baking pan.)
- Serve pork with glaze. Serves 4 to 6.
More Pork Tenderloin
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|