A quick and delicious option for weeknight grilling. Not only are these pork chops flavorful, but the glaze contains only three ingredients, most of which you probably have in your pantry. So, if you're looking for a new recipe, give these sweet and savory chops a try.
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (about 1-inch thick)
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh tarragon leaves (or flat leaf parsley) chopped
- For Rub:
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL garlic powder
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL herbes de provence
- For Glaze:
- 1/2 cup/120 mL real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup/60 mL Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat grill for high heat. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup with mustard and olive oil. Set aside.
Assemble rub ingredients and evenly pat onto both sides of pork chops. Place onto grill and cook for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
During the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking, brush on maple glaze. Cook for 1 minute, turn and repeat the process. (Make sure to keep a close eye during this phase as the sugar content in the maple syrup can cause flare-ups.)
Once chops are cooked through, remove from heat and place onto a platter. Let rest for 5 minutes and garnish with chopped tarragon or parsley leaves.
Serve and enjoy!