Perfect for a quick, weekday dinner, this maple-roasted squash recipe is as versatile as it is easy. Serve it alone, on a bed of greens, or as a accompaniment to roasted poultry. You can't go wrong with tender, caramelized butternut squash!
- 1 large butternut squash, cubed (7 to 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Toss the squash with the maple syrup and oil.
- Arrange the prepared squash in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast it, stirring once, for 35 to 40 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
- Serve the maple roasted butternut squash hot or at room temperature.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|