This simple combination of ingredients makes a delicious sauce for bread pudding, ice cream, or other desserts. Grade B maple syrup will give you a richer maple flavor, but regular dark amber will be great as well.
- 1/2 cup sugar (light brown, packed)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, whipping cream, and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue boiling, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- The sauce will thicken more as it cools a bit.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|