|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 to 16 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This maple walnut cheesecake brings back fond memories of trips to Canada to visit with relatives. We always went home with a gallon of heavenly maple syrup.
The finely chopped walnuts go well with the maple flavor, but pecans may be substituted. Or leave the nuts out altogether if your family doesn't care for them.
Enjoy the cheesecake plain or make the maple whipped cream or maple cream sauce to drizzle over slices. A warm purchased or homemade butterscotch or caramel sauce would be great on this cheesecake as well.
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- For the Filling:
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup maple syrup (Grade B or dark amber)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- For Serving:
- Optional: Maple Cream Sauce (link below)
- Optional: whipped cream
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas Mark 4) ..
- Wrap bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- In a food processor, grind crumbs, walnuts, and brown sugar together until fine. In a bowl, combine the mixture with the melted butter until blended. Press into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Blend in the maple syrup. Add the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, flour, and cream until just blended. Do not overbeat.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the prepared crust. Set the pan in a large roasting pan and place on rack in center of oven. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it is about halfway up the side of the cheesecake. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until set but still a little jiggly in the center.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack. Refrigerate the cooled cheesecake, covered, for at least 4 hours.