Margaret's fabulous slow cooker taco soup is loaded with flavor and great ingredients. The taco seasoning gives the soup that Tex-Mex flavor. Feel free to swap out the beans for other canned beans. Navy beans, great northern beans, and small red beans are all good choices.
Top the soup with crunchy tortilla chips or strips — found in the salad/croutons section — or garnish the soup with chopped fresh cilantro, green onions, or avocado.
Serve this ground beef and beans taco soup with crusty bread or cornbread, along with a simple tossed salad for a delicious family meal. It's a great soup for lunch, too!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (12 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Optional garnishes: tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
- In a heavy skillet, brown the ground beef, cooking and breaking up until no longer pink. Combine all ingredients in a crock pot with the liquids from the black beans and corn.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese, or serve with crusty rolls or cornbread.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||49 g|
|Saturated Fat||30 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||48 g|