Marian Blazes wrote for The Spruce, contributing recipes and articles for eight years. An accomplished chef and author, she is well versed in the culinary arts, from cooking to translating culinary textbooks.
- Author of "The Everything Brazilian Cookbook"
- Wrote and developed Brazilian recipes
- Degree in pastry arts from Le Cordon Bleu Peru
- Edited and translated Spanish culinary textbooks into English
Marian has had a lifelong interest in food and cooking. She lived in Lima, Peru, for four years with her husband and three children, where they were overwhelmed by the amazing food Peru has to offer. Marian received a degree in pastry from Le Cordon Bleu Peru cooking school.
When Marian and her family moved to Peru, her baking skills were suddenly in demand from fellow expatriates who missed bagels and other American pastries. Marian is fluent in Spanish, and she and her husband have traveled extensively in Peru and other South American countries, where they have enjoyed the opportunity to learn about South American cuisine and culture.
She has also put her linguistic skills to use in editing and translating Spanish culinary textbooks into English.
Marian received a degree in pastry arts from The Cordon Bleu Peru in Lima. The two-year program included an extensive course of Peruvian and South American pastelería as well as traditional French pastry education.
Awards and Publications:
- "The Everything Brazilian Cookbook" (2014, Everything)
- Marian translated "Edible Structures: The Basic Science of What We Eat" by Chilean author José Miguel Aguilera, which was selected as a Choice Outstanding Academic Title for 2013
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.