This beef is slow roasted with a flavorful red wine marinade. Use a lean chuck arm roast, top round, or rump roast in the recipe.
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine, or substitute with apple juice
- 3 to 4-pound top round roast, rump roast, or a lean chuck arm roast
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chuck roast. Place the roast in a non-reactive pan or large sealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over the roast and cover or seal. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
Place the roast in a roasting pan with the marinade.
Roast, uncovered, at 325 for about 3 hours, or until tender. Baste occasionally with the marinade.
Serves 6 to 8.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|