|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 to 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 65g||83%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The combination of fresh goat cheese, herbs, and olive oil is addicting. Add a crusty loaf of bread and make a meal out of it. Marinating fresh goat cheese is an easy way to make plain goat cheese incredibly flavorful. Packaged in a glass jar, marinated goat cheese makes a lovely gift.
This recipe only shows one way to flavor goat cheese. The flavor possibilities are endless. Experiment with fresh herbs, dried herbs and spices, and other ingredients to find your very favorite combination.
Seasoning Ideas: Fresh garlic, green onions, sundried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, black or red peppercorns, bay leaves, herbes de Provence, fresh basil, fresh mint, dried dill, cumin seeds, lavender, walnut oil.
Mop the flavored olive oil up with bread and it's unlikely that you'll have any leftover. But if you do, use the flavored oil to marinate more cheese or use the oil to saute vegetables or make salad dressing.
- 6 ounces goat cheese (cut into discs or rolled into small balls)
- 1 cup olive oil (or enough to submerge the cheese)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh or finely chopped fresh oregano)
- 2 teaspoons chives (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- dash sea salt (to taste)
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Cut the goat cheese into 1-inch thick discs or roll pieces of the goat cheese into small balls.
Combine the olive oil and thyme, chives, parsley and fennel seeds in a glass jar or a bowl with a lid.
Drop or gently set the goat cheeses into the olive oil.
Let the cheese marinate in the refrigerator or on the counter for at least one hour, preferably longer. If marinating for longer than 1 hour, put the cheese in the refrigerator.
Marinated goat cheese can be eaten cold or the cheese and olive oil can be heated together in a 375 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warm.
Sprinkle sea salt over the cheese before serving. Serve marinated goat cheese with a good loaf of bread.
- If goat cheese is completely submerged in olive oil the cheese will keep for a few weeks in the refrigerator, but it's likely you'll eat it long before then.
- The fresh goat cheese in this recipe can be store bought or homemade. Make your own homemade goat cheese.