This kebab recipe works well because all of the ingredients will be cooked to perfection at the same time. The marinade not only adds flavor but keeps the small pieces of top sirloin from drying out.
- 1 pound (450 g) beef top sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sherry
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) minced ginger
Place in a baking dish and add sirloin. Turn to coat well, cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 1-8 hours.
Preheat grill. Tread sirloin pieces, peppers, and pineapple onto skewers. Grill over high heat until the meat is done, (about 8-10 minutes) turning occasionally.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|