|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 40g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||20%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This kebab recipe works well because all of the ingredients will be cooked to perfection at the same time. The marinade not only adds flavor but keeps the small pieces of top sirloin from drying out.
- 1/2 cup/120 milliliters vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup/80 milliliters sherry
- 1/3 cup/80 milliliters soy sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 milliliters brown sugar
- 1 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 milliliters ginger (minced)
- 1 pound/450 grams beef top sirloin (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 green pepper (cut into 1-inch squares)
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion (cut into 1-inch pieces)
Gather the ingredients.
Place in a baking dish and add sirloin. Turn to coat well, cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours.
Thread sirloin pieces, peppers, pineapple, and onions onto skewers.
Grill over high heat until the meat is done, (about 8 to 10 minutes) turning occasionally.
- We recommend soaking your skewers, as that can prevent them from catching on fire, which ultimately leads to all your meat and veggies falling to the bottom of the grill. The precooking treatment also prevents splintering of the skewer—no one wants to eat a kebab and get a splinter in his tongue.