This is a very simple bell pepper recipe. The marinated pepper slices make a tasty appetizer. Serve them with French bread slices, or add them to salads, sauces, burgers, or sandwiches.
The peppers are marinated in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh herbs.
- Cut the peppers into large flat pieces. Arrange them on a foil or silicone-lined baking sheet, skin side up.
- Broil the peppers about 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until well charred, about 10 to 12 minutes, turning the baking sheet around after about 5 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the charred peppers to a food storage bag and seal. Let them steam for about 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Peel or scrape the skin from the peppers and slice into strips.
- In a cup, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Put the peppers in a small serving dish and toss with the marinade.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes about 1 to 1 1/2 cups.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|