|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 1/2 Cups (3 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a very simple bell pepper recipe. The marinated pepper slices make a tasty appetizer. Serve them with French bread slices, or add them to salads, sauces, burgers, or sandwiches.
The peppers are marinated in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh herbs.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cut the peppers into large flat pieces. Arrange them on a foil or silicone-lined baking sheet, skin side up.
- Broil the peppers about 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until well charred, about 10 to 12 minutes, turning the baking sheet around after about 5 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the charred peppers to a food storage bag and seal. Let them steam for about 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Peel or scrape the skin from the peppers and slice into strips.
- In a cup, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Put the peppers in a small serving dish and toss with the marinade.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
You Might Also Like