Marshall Bright is a freelance writer covering food and cooking for The Spruce Eats. A self-taught home chef, Marshall is passionate about making home cooking approachable and fun for more people.
- Marshall has written for The Spruce Eats since 2020.
- She has written about food and cooking for Refinery29, Bustle, SheKnows, America's Test Kitchen, and more.
- Marshall holds a BA in History from the University of Pennsylvania.
Marshall has written about food and cooking for Refinery29, Bustle, SheKnows, America's Test Kitchen, and more. She has worked with and interviewed some of the best professional chefs in the world and learned a lot along the way. While learning from the pros is great, however, Marshall is most passionate about ways that normal home cooks, like herself, can have more fun and be more effective in the kitchen.
Originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee, she lived in Philadelphia, Boston, and NYC for 11 years before finally moving back south. Now, she lives in East Nashville with all the other former New Yorkers with her boyfriend Noah and cat Pickles.
Marshall holds a BA in History from the University of Pennsylvania.
- A guide to making homemade pasta, according to professional chefs, CNN Underscored
- 10 Useful Items That Will Help Your Food Stay Fresh For Longer, Refinery29
- The 4 Best Nontoxic Cookware, Bustle
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.