These chocolate-coated Martha Washington candies are very easy to make and everyone will love them! The creamy coconut pecan filling is simply a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, coconut, pecans, and powdered sugar.
Use chocolate chips or specialty dipping chocolate or almond bark to coat the candy.
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 stick butter or margarine (melted)
- 3 cups pecans (chopped)
- Dipping Chocolate:
- 1/4 of a cake of paraffin wax
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking pan or tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the confectioners' sugar with the condensed milk, coconut, melted butter, and pecans.
- With your hands, shape the mixture into balls and place on the pan or tray. Refrigerate the candy until the balls are very firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the wax and milk chocolate chips together in double boiler.
- Dip the chilled balls in dipping chocolate and let cool.
- Store the candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the wax and chocolate chip mixture with 1 pound of almond bark or candy melts for the chocolate coating. Melt as directed and dip the candy to coat thoroughly.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|