The slow cooker is known for making delicious apple butter. Just cook the apples all day with sugar and spices, and you'll have delicious apple butter by the end of the day.
- Apples, peeled, cored and cut in quarters, to fill a 4-quart crockpot to 1 1/2 to 2 inches from the top
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until hot, then turn to low and cook all day (7 to 10 hours).
- When it is done, and apples are fully cooked down put small amounts into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Note: If you are canning this, put into clean, sterilized jars and seal while hot, then process half-pints or pints 5 minutes in boiling water canner:
- 1,001 feet to 6,000 feet, process for 10 minutes
- Above 6,000 feet, process for 15 minutes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|