This recipe features sweet potatoes that are cooked then mashed with cooked chopped apples and brown sugar, along with butter and other seasonings.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced (about 8 cups sliced)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cinnamon, to taste (*Optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cook apples until tender.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the cooked apples; mash until smooth.
- Stir in apple juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add cinnamon if desired.
- Heat over low heat until hot.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|