|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A mason jar salad can be a wonderful thing if you oftentimes are transporting salads to work or other events for a lunch from home. The great thing about making your salad in a mason jar is that your salad will not be wilted and soggy by the time you eat it, and you can make it ahead of time! This Asian salad recipe uses your favorite store-bought Asian style salad dressing. Any type of sesame or ginger type dressing will work well.
You can make this salad ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator up to 5 days in advance. To make prep even easier, we use a lot of pre-prepared ingredients such as pre-shredded carrots and roasted chicken breast.
- 1 tablespoon low-fat Asian style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup pre-shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 cup pea pods
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 3 ounces skinless roasted chicken breast, diced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cup torn romaine lettuce
- Gather the ingredients.
- Put the dressing on the bottom. Then, layer the hearty ingredients. Continue to layer the more delicate layers towards the top. Do not be afraid to stuff the lettuce in there a little more tightly if you need to. Just be sure to leave it just loose enough that it will shake out of the jar come mealtime.
- Cover the jar with a lid, and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to take it to work or wherever you plan to have lunch. If you are transporting it, just be sure that the jar does not tip over on the way!