Like the name says, this low-carb chili recipe is chock-full of meat. If you like your chili thick and "mostly meat," this recipe is well worth trying.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup water, or as needed
- In a large pot, over medium heat, sauté the beef and onions in the oil until the meat is browned, and broken into small pieces.
- Drain off the grease and return back to the pot.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the beans, and simmer on low for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and cook for 15 minutes more before serving.
- As the chili cooks add water, if needed, so it doesn't become too thick.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|