This recipe, made with an easy sour cream gravy, is a nice dish for an everyday family meal. Make the meatballs a day in advance for a busy day meal.
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% to 90%
- 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs, plain
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or shortening
- 1 jar or can (10 to 12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg noodles (hot, cooked and buttered)
- Gently mix together beef, bread crumbs, minced onion, egg, and seasonings. Shape into about 15 meatballs.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; pour off excess fat. Stir in gravy; cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through. Blend in sour cream; heat through.
- Serve with hot cooked noodles.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|