|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
For lean ground pork, try grinding a pound of pork loin from chops or a small roast, or use the food processor to mince the meat.
The barbecue glaze is a simple homemade combination of ketchup and seasonings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 3/4 cup fine soft bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grill seasoning (a smoky blend or burger seasoning blend)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
Lightly spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
Heat the oven to 350 F.
Combine the ground beef and pork, bread crumbs, egg, 2/3 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons mustard, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, grill seasoning, and the onion.
Bake for 1 hour then carefully drain off excess grease.
Combine the topping ingredients and spread over the top of the loaf. Continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer.