This healthy and textured vegetarian pasta recipe is inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean. Your friends and family will enjoy this hearty main dish whether or not they're vegetarian thanks to its delicious flavor, which is accented by Parmesan cheese and lots of fresh chopped parsley.
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1/4 cup water from cooking pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 16-ounce can kidney beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to box directions (reserving 1/4 cup water).
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add onions and garlic. When translucent, add red pepper flakes, spinach, kidney beans and pasta water.
- Simmer over medium heat until spinach is tender. Add pasta, tomatoes, cheese, and parsley and combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||30 g|