Looking for a satisfying vegetarian meal? Look no further than this wholesome quinoa bowl. Quinoa is the base for a medley of big Mediterranean flavors: roasted red pepper-almond dip, cucumbers, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, red onion, pepperoncini, avocado, and parsley. The result is the perfect mix of crisp and creamy textures, plus fresh and warming flavors.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 1 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained (or roast your own red peppers and win the food game!)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the Mediterranean Bowls: (build your own bowls based on what you like)
- 1 pkg. cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled, or more to taste)
- Handful kalamata olives
- Pepperoncini (to taste)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Hummus
- 1 avocado
- Handful fresh basil (or parsley)
- Olive oil to taste
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (more to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Pulse all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth. The texture should be thick and textured.
Cook the quinoa according to package directions. When the quinoa is done, build yourself a Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl!
Store leftovers in separate containers and assemble each bowl just before serving, especially the greens and the sauces, as those will get soggy when stored with all the other ingredients.