|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 to 10 Chops (4 to 5 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||79%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The Mediterranean-style spice and herb mix is the secret to this succulent lamb chop recipe. The lamb chops sit for several hours (or overnight) in a savory paste made of olive oil, garlic, spices, and herbs. What results are lamb chops that are tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
These grilled lamb chops would be delicious served alongside orzo studded with cherry tomatoes and parsley and drizzled with a fruity olive oil. Of course, throwing some vegetables such as zucchini and eggplant on the grill with the chops makes for a simple and complementary side dish. And don't forget plenty of lemon halves for squeezing over everything.
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds lamb loin chops (about 8 to 10)
- Salt to taste
In a large baking dish, combine all the ingredients—except for the lamb chops and salt—and mix until combined.
Add the lamb chops and rub the seasoning mixture onto both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning over the lamb chops halfway through. You can also let the lamb chops sit overnight.
Preheat a grill, grill pan, or broiler. Remove the chops from the spice rub and salt both sides generously. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- This recipe calls for readily available loin lamb chops or T-bone chops. You can substitute the more affordable shoulder chop, however, for a quicker cooking option.
- Pull the chops out of the refrigerator and allow them to reach room temperature before placing them on the grill. This takes approximately 20 minutes.
- For a nice crust, grill the chops over a very high heat to medium rare. They will cook quickly, resulting in a simple sear on the outside.
- Add 30 seconds to the cooking time for chops done to medium temperature.
- Serve your chops with a classic British mint sauce, or keep it Mediterranean with a spoonful of creamy cucumber yogurt sauce served on the side.