|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 shot (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The melon ball is a delicious, fruity vodka shooter that's a lot of fun at parties. It has a tropical fruit flavor thanks to the melon liqueur (most often Midori) and pineapple juice, a taste that's hard to resist.
As far as vodka shots go, this is one of the tastiest you will find. Actually, it may be a little too good because it's easy to have one too many. Yet, if you're looking for a green shot for your party, mix up a few melon balls and everyone is sure to have a great time.
Click Play to See This Melon Ball Party Shot Recipe Come Together
- 1/4 ounce melon liqueur
- 1/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce vodka
Gather the ingredients.
In a mixing glass filled with ice, pour the melon liqueur, pineapple juice, and vodka.
Strain into a shot glass.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you like, feel free to shake this shot with ice. It will have an extra effervescence that stirring doesn't provide.
- Since it's only a 1 1/2-ounce shooter, you can easily make three or four at one time. Just line up the shot glasses on your bar and fill each glass as you pour down the line.
Choose Your Vodka
Shots are drunk quickly, so the choice of vodka is not as important in this drink as it would be in cocktails. However, to help it go down smoother, it's always a good idea to choose your vodka wisely.
The great news is that there are many great tasting vodkas available that don't cost a fortune. From New Amsterdam to Svedka, it's rather easy to find a clean-tasting and budget-friendly vodka for drinks like this.
If you want to add a little extra flavor to your melon ball shots, pick up a flavored vodka. Stick with fruit flavors like strawberry, raspberry, or citrus to add a new twist. Since it includes pineapple, a coconut vodka would be a lot of fun as well. It's also a good recipe for your favorite marshmallow vodka.
This recipe is so easy and it's such a yummy drink that you might just want to enjoy it as a taller cocktail. Sipping on the sweet mix of pineapple and melon is a fantastic way to enjoy happy hour or a summer afternoon on the patio and it couldn't be easier. All you need to do is increase the recipe.
- Start with a shot (1 1/2 ounces) of vodka, then pour 3/4 ounce each of the melon liqueur and pineapple juice. Give the mix a good shake and strain it into a cocktail glass or over fresh ice in a highball glass. Topping it off with a little club soda or ginger ale is an excellent idea as well.
- As an alternative, there's also a melon ball drop cocktail recipe you'll want to get a taste of. It skips the pineapple and pours an elderflower liqueur like St. Germain instead.
How Strong Is a Melon Ball Shot?
This shot not only tastes great, but it's also one of the lightest shooters you can mix up. On average, its alcohol content is just 17 percent ABV (34 proof), or slightly stronger than wine. Do be careful, though! The sweet taste can trick you into drinking more and a few rounds will add up.