|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Whiskey and melon liqueur combine in this simple melon-flavored cocktail for a delightful, light flavor. Refreshing enough to enjoy on hot summer days, yet complex enough to drink year-round, the melon splash is a wonderful, easy mixed drink.
The recipe was created for Woodford Reserve. It's a nice, smooth bourbon with a complexity that pairs wonderfully with the sweet melon liqueur. The soda brings it all together, transforming it into a sparkling sipper you're sure to enjoy.
Gather the ingredients.
In an old-fashioned glass filled with ice, pour the whiskey and melon liqueur.
Top with lemon-lime soda and garnish with a slice of lime.
Serve and enjoy!
- This is a very easy recipe to make by the pitcher for a small party. For instance, when filling a 60-ounce pitcher, pour 15 ounces bourbon, 8 ounces melon liqueur, and 20 ounces soda. That should leave plenty of room for ice and any adjustments to suit your taste.
- Switch to rye whiskey if you want to give the drink a punch of spice.
- Get fancy and serve this drink in a wine glass then top it with sparkling wine.
- Give the melon splash an old-fashioned twist by muddling a bitters-soaked sugar cube in the glass first. You could even add a piece of honeydew melon or cantaloupe.
- For a drier cocktail, switch to tonic water. Whiskey and tonic are surprisingly good companions and the melon is a nice accent.
- You can also give this cocktail a completely different profile by pouring another fruit liqueur. For instance, create a berry splash with either raspberry or strawberry liqueurs or an apple splash with an apple liqueur. Just make sure your liqueur matches the quality of the bourbon.