While Memphis ribs are typically (not always) done without a sauce, they do get some moisture, tenderization and flavor from a good mop. Memphis mops, like most barbecue mops, are made with vinegar and some seasoning. We're using our Memphis Rub for flavor.
Mops are applied during the smoking process to prevent meats from drying out and to create a layering of flavor that is vital to great barbecue.
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Memphis Rub
- Optional: 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large jar and shake to combine. This mop will settle so shake before using.
- Apply mop to meat during the smoking process.
- Store this mop an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|