|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Total Carbohydrate 55g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you're looking for that authentic Memphis-style flavor, look no further. This recipe combines a fantastic rub with a delicious sauce to produce the tastiest set of ribs you've ever had.
- 3 pounds/1.3 kg pork spareribs
- For Rub:
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL paprika
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
- For Sauce:
- 2 cups/475 mL ketchup
- 2 cups/475 mL chopped onion
- 1 cup/240 mL red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL Louisiana hot sauce
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare ribs by removing the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Trim off any loose fat or meat.
- Prepare smoker or grill. You will want to hold a temperature around 225 degrees F/110 degrees C for 4 to 6 hours so plan accordingly. Season ribs with Memphis rub and place on grill or in smoker.
- While ribs are cooking, prepare barbecue sauce: Blend together everything except the ketchup. Pour into a saucepan and add the ketchup. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook ribs until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 185 degrees F/85 degrees C. Brush with barbecue sauce. After about 10 minutes, turn the ribs over and brush with sauce continually during cooking process.