If you're looking for that authentic Memphis-style flavor, look no further. This recipe combines a fantastic rub with a delicious sauce to produce the tastiest set of ribs you've ever had.
- 3 pounds/1.3 kg pork spareribs
- For Rub:
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL paprika
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
- For Sauce:
- 2 cups/475 mL ketchup
- 2 cups/475 mL chopped onion
- 1 cup/240 mL red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL Louisiana hot sauce
1. Prepare ribs by removing the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Trim off any loose fat or meat.
2. Prepare smoker or grill. You will want to hold a temperature around 225 degrees F/110 degrees C for 4 to 6 hours so plan accordingly. Season ribs with Memphis rub and place on grill or in smoker.
3. While ribs are cooking, prepare barbecue sauce: Blend together everything except the ketchup. Pour into a saucepan and add the ketchup.
Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Cook ribs until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 185 degrees F/85 degrees C. Brush with barbecue sauce. After about 10 minutes, turn the ribs over and brush with sauce continually during cooking process.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|