In this recipe, spiced ground beef is shaped into burgers with a pepper jack cheese filling.
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (with hot chile peppers)
- Combine ground beef with seasonings; form into 8 patties, each about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place cheese slices (cut to fit so edges of burgers may be pressed together) in the center of 4 of the patties; cover the cheese with remaining patties and press edges together.
- Broil or grill over medium-hot coals, turning once until done.
More Burger Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|