In this recipe, spiced ground beef is shaped into burgers with a pepper jack cheese filling.
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (with hot chile peppers)
Combine ground beef with seasonings; form into 8 patties, each about 1/4-inch thick.
Place cheese slices (cut to fit so edges of burgers may be pressed together) in the center of 4 of the patties; cover the cheese with remaining patties and press edges together.
Broil or grill over medium-hot coals, turning once until done.
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.