|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 61g||79%|
|Saturated Fat 33g||163%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Chicken breast halves are topped with spiced tomato and condensed soup sauce to make this yummy casserole. Crumbled taco chips or Doritos and some shredded cheese make up the crust and topping.
If you don't care to use processed condensed soups, omit the soups and the 1/2 cup of chicken broth and make the sauce with 3 cups of seasoned medium white sauce. Add chicken flavor to the sauce with the chicken base or add half the chicken stock in the sauce.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (cooked, cubed)
- 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bag tortilla chips or Doritos (10 to 12 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or American cheese, Mexican blend, or another good melting cheese blend)
Gather the ingredients.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, soups, taco sauce and broth. Cook until hot and bubbling, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
Line the bottom of a 2 1/2 casserole dish with taco chips.
Add a mixture of chicken and sauce.
Top with grated cheese.
Bake the casserole at 350 F for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
Serve and enjoy.