Chicken breast halves are topped with a spiced tomato and condensed soup sauce to make this yummy casserole. Crumbled taco chips or Doritos and some shredded cheese make up the crust and topping.
If you don't care to use processed condensed soups, omit the soups and the 1/2 cup of chicken broth and make the sauce with 3 cups of seasoned medium white sauce. Add chicken flavor to the sauce with chicken base or half chicken stock in the sauce.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked, cubed
- 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bag tortilla chips or Doritos (10 to 12 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or American cheese, Mexican blend, or another good melting cheese blend)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, soups, taco sauce and broth. Cook until hot and bubbling, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Line the bottom of a 2 1/2 casserole dish with taco chips.
- Add a mixture of chicken and sauce.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake the casserole at 350 F for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||61 g|
|Saturated Fat||33 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|