|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 pan (serves 64)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mexican Chocolate Fudge features cinnamon and a hint of spice in a smooth chocolate fudge, topped by crushed Mexican chocolate. Mexican chocolate can usually be found in the ethnic food section of major grocery stores, and common brands include Ibarra and Abuelita. It differs from regular chocolate in that it is grainy, with a noticeable crunch from undissolved granulated sugar crystals, and it often includes spices like cinnamon.
If you cannot find Mexican chocolate, you can omit this step from the recipe, but do not try to substitute other chocolate varieties-- they will not have the intended taste and texture.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 disc (3.1 ounces) Mexican chocolate, finely chopped
1. Prepare an 8x8” baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the marshmallows and chocolate chips in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place the butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to let the candy boil, stirring constantly, for five minutes.
5. Remove from the heat. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and vanilla, mixing until well-combined.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
7. While fudge is still wet, sprinkle the chopped Mexican chocolate on top. Place in the refrigerator for 90 minutes to set the fudge. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares to serve.
Click Here to View All Cinco de Mayo Candy Recipes!