This marinade can be used on pretty much any kind of meat or in any Mexican-style dish. The lime and cilantro flavor blend well together and is not too overpowering.
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1. Combine marinade ingredients and store in a plastic container with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation.
2. Marinate beef, lamb and pork for about 6 to 12 hours, poultry for up to 4 hours and fish for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Marinate shrimp for 15-30 minutes.
3. If so inclined, after marinating meat, place mixture in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
Remove from heat and drizzle over sliced meats or add to rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|