Impress your friends with this fresh recipe at your next fiesta! Inspired by the seaside villages in Puerto Vallarta this ceviche is a great low fat snack or appetizer.
- 3 lbs small raw shrimp (cleaned)
- 4 large tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 6 limes (juiced)
- 4 lemons (juiced)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 serrano chile (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 of a cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Lay out shrimp in the bottom of glass baking dish.
- Pour lemon and lime juice over them and refrigerate for 3 hours. The juice will "cook" the shrimp.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and refrigerate for one more hour or longer.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or as a topper for grilled fish!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)