This dish has a great south-of-the-border flavor. You can shred this rotisserie chicken and serve with warm tortillas and guacamole, or slice it and serve with Spanish rice.
- 1 whole chicken, 3-4 pounds
- 1/ 2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 1/2 cup/120 mL lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- Prepare the chicken by rinsing thoroughly with cold water. Drain excess water from inside cavity and pat dry.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour some of the lime juice over the top and inside the cavity. Grab the chicken by the breast skin and place your hand between the skin and the breast creating a pocket. Using a basting brush, baste lime juice into the breast meat pocket, making sure to reserve some for later. Rub under the skin with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Place chicken in a large glass baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill at high heat. Remove chicken from the refrigerator.
- Coat the entire chicken with taco seasoning, stuff with fresh lime halves deep into the chicken cavity and add a little fresh chopped cilantro.
- Place the chicken securely on the rotisserie rod and truss legs and wings with string. Cook chicken for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature is between 165-175 degrees F/75-80 degrees C.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||97 g|
|Saturated Fat||40 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|