|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Our quick chocolate fudge recipe is easy, decadent, and hassle-free. Simply mix and microwave a few ingredients, let the fudge set, cut, and enjoy. As simple as that. Our recipe is easily scaled-up to make bigger batches during the holidays or special events when you need to have little gifts for friends, family, and colleagues.
This simple chocolate fudge needs no stove, candy thermometers, or staring at your pot endlessly. There's no precise temperature measurement, resting period, nor prolonged stirring. The sweet and chocolatey flavor is a great base for you to experiment with by adding other ingredients: nuts for crunch, sprinkles for color, or perhaps natural flavorings for an extra boost. Customize this fudge with our variations and make your own version.
Although you're unlikely to have leftovers, if any is left, keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. Let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
Gather the ingredients.
Prepare an 8 x 8-inch pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray, or greasing it lightly with cooking oil.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave for one minute and stir. Continue to microwave the mixture in 30-second intervals, stirring well after every 30 seconds, until the fudge is melted, malleable, and smooth.
Once the mixture is all properly melted and smooth, add the vanilla extract and salt. Stir until everything is smooth and well-mixed.
Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set, for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature.
Decorate to your liking and enjoy!
Flavored Fudge Variations
There are so many different ways in which you can customize this fudge. Here are just a few ideas to modify the flavor and appearance:
- Replace the chocolate chips with white chips, and decorate with green and red sprinkles or crushed candy canes for a Christmas-inspired fudge.
- Replace the chocolate chips with white chips, add a few drops of natural orange food coloring and decorate with black fondant pumpkins or bats for a Halloween treat.
- Replace the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips and before chilling it in the fridge, add some chocolate chips on top.
- Replace the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips and add a few drops of apple, cinnamon, or maple extract to make a fall-inspired fudge. Decorate with fondant leaves.
- Make half of the batch with white chocolate chips and a half with dark chocolate chips. Add the dark mixture to the greased pan, top with the white and make a swirl using a knife.
- Add other ingredients like nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes, candy pieces, or crushed pretzels. Combine almonds and coconut to make Almond Joy fudge, or white chocolate chips and mini Oreo cookies to make cookies and cream fudge. Try peanut butter chips with Reese's Pieces, white chocolate and pretzels, white chocolate and tart cherries, or dark chocolate with crunchy coffee beans.
- Experiment with different flavoring oils and extracts. Almond, lemon, lavender, orange, coffee, and coconut add a special flavoring to the fudge. Use them alone or in combination.
- Use 1/4 cup of of Limoncello, Amaretto, whiskey, rum, or Baileys, to spike your fudge. Be mindful of labeling it and keeping the adult version away from kids.