This spice rub is perfect for any lamb recipe with its Middle Eastern-inspired flavor. This wet rub also works well on beef, poultry and fish.
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon (juice of one small lemon)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cloves
1. Combine all ingredients and mix together until it forms a paste.
2. Rub this mixture over the surface of the meat, making sure to get it evenly distributed. Marinate beef and lamb for 4 to 12 hours, pork for 2 to 6 hours, poultry for 1 to 3 hours, and fish for 15 to 30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|