|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes about 1 cup (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This spice rub is perfect for any lamb recipe with its Middle Eastern-inspired flavor. This wet rub also works well on beef, poultry, and fish.
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon (juice of one small lemon)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cloves
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients and mix together until it forms a paste.
Rub this mixture over the surface of the meat, making sure to get it evenly distributed.
- Marinate beef and lamb for 4 to 12 hours.
- Marinate pork for 2 to 6 hours.
- Marinate poultry for 1 to 3 hours.
- Marinate fish for 15 to 30 minutes.