|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 59g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 54g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Dress up and spike your hot chocolate at the same time with the delicious midnight snowstorm recipe. This is a fun drink to mix up and it has that familiar mint-chocolate taste that is so familiar and irresistible.
What makes this recipe special is that both types of the mint liqueur are included. The white version spikes the hot chocolate and the green liqueur is drizzled on top of whipped cream for a pretty decoration. Out of all the spiked cocoa recipes, this one's visual appeal puts it at the top of the list to serve guests when you want to add that special finishing touch.
2 ounces white crème de menthe liqueur
5 to 6 ounces hot chocolate, to taste
1 tablespoon whipped cream
1/2 ounce green crème de menthe liqueur
Gather the ingredients.
In a warm Irish coffee glass, pour the white crème de menthe and hot chocolate. Stir well.
Top with whipped cream.
Drizzle the green crème de menthe on the cream. Serve and enjoy.
- Make your favorite style of hot chocolate for the base. This recipe is just as good with old-fashioned recipes made by melting chocolate as it is with a powdered cocoa mix.
- Warming up your glass (or mug) ensures the drink stays warm to that last sip. It's as easy as pouring hot water into the glass while you make the cocoa or heating the water-filled in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- For the whipped cream, you can go with the freshly whipped variety made from whipping or heavy cream. Lightly whipping it, as seen in the Irish coffee, is all that's needed. Or, take the quick and easy route and use a can of whipped cream.
- There's really no reason you can't use green crème de menthe in the cocoa. It will change the color slightly, but the taste will remain the same and eliminate the need to have two bottles of the mint liqueur.
- A bunch of mini marshmallows is an excellent alternative to the whipped cream.
- Give this cocktail a kick by adding an extra shot of liquor. Brandy is an excellent option and will work very well with the warm mint-chocolate taste.
How Strong Is a Midnight Snowstorm?
Most hot chocolate cocktails are very light because the cocoa outweighs the liquor. The midnight snowstorm follows that pattern and mixes up to just 7 percent ABV (14 proof). To put that into perspective, it falls in between the strength of beer and wine, but this cocktail is far more delicious than either!