- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick unsalted, at room temperature)
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (pure)
- 4 bananas (very ripe, peeled and mashed, about 1 1/2 cups mush)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or spray 8 mini loaf pans (3 x 5-inch) or (2 1/2 x 4-inch).
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Blend in the mashed bananas and buttermilk.
- Add the flour mixture in batches to the batter, mixing on low speed just until each addition is incorporated. At the end the batter should be barely blended (it will be thick). Scoop the mixture into the loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn the loaves out of the pan and finishing cooling the breads upright on the wire rack.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)