|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These tiny tasty chocolate cupcakes are dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, vegan and wheat-free. They are great for birthday parties, school parties, baby showers, and other large get-togethers where a variety of diets will be present. Feel free to dress your cupcakes up any way that you like. Adding a pinch of shredded coconut, chopped almonds, or shaved chocolate to the tops of your finished cupcakes is a simple way to make them a little extra special (you can also add these to the batter if you want to dress up the batter, too!!)
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup almond milk (or another dairy-free milk alternative)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer (mixed with 1/3 Cup warm water until frothy)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Frosting:
- 1 recipe vegan chocolate frosting
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line 2 mini cupcake trays with mini cupcake liners and set aside. In a small cup or bowl, combine the almond milk and lemon juice, mixing until combined. Set aside.
In the bowl of a standing mixer or a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, white granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt, mixing until well combined. Add in the prepared egg replacer, canola oil, vanilla extract, and almond milk-lemon juice mixture. Beat for 2 minutes on a medium speed setting, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure even mixing.
Using a small portion scoop, portion the batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with vegan chocolate frosting.
- This recipe is suitable for dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, and gluten-free and wheat-free diets, but as with any recipe intended for persons with allergies or dietary restrictions, make sure to read all nutritional labels carefully to make sure that there are no hidden dairy-derived ingredients (or gluten, egg, or wheat ingredients, if these apply to you).
- If you are not egg-free or vegan, you can use eggs instead of the egg replacer in this recipe. Just use 2 large eggs and lightly beat them before adding to the dry ingredients along with the other wet ingredients.