|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||71%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These little muffin cup frittatas are super easy to fix and they make a delicious breakfast dish. The recipe makes about 8 small muffin-sized egg and sausage frittatas, enough for 4 people.
Serve them with some salsa or ketchup on the side along with biscuits, home fries, or potato pancakes. Sliced fresh fruit would be excellent as well. Make it a low carb meal for 2 or 3 and serve with sliced tomatoes.
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage (divided or about 1 cup of cooked crumbles)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Optional: a few drops Tabasco sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or a cheddar and Monterey jack blend (divided)
Heat the oven to 375 F.
Spray 8 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking it up into small chunks as it cooks. With a slotted spoon remove the sausage to paper towels to drain thoroughly.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until well blended. Add the salt, pepper, parsley, and Tabasco. Mix well.
Add about three-quarters of the sausage and about 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and mix to blend.
Fill the prepared muffin cups about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the remaining sausage and cheese over the filled muffin cups.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until the frittatas have puffed and set. Remove the pan to a rack and use a knife or spatula to loosen the sides. Lift them out onto a plate.
Serve these mini frittatas with a little ketchup, salsa, or marinara sauce, or serve with sliced tomatoes on the side.
- Cut the preparation and cooking time and use refrigerated pre-cooked sausage crumbles.
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of finely chopped bell pepper or green onion tops to the egg mixture.