These little muffin cup frittatas are super easy to fix and they make a delicious breakfast dish. The recipe makes about 8 small muffin-sized egg and sausage frittatas, enough for 4 people.
Serve them with some salsa or ketchup on the side along with biscuits, home fries, or potato pancakes. Sliced fresh fruit would be excellent as well. Or, make it a low carb meal for 2 or 3 and serve with sliced tomatoes.
Related Recipe: Single-Serve Cornbread, Egg, and Bacon Casseroles
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, divided (or about 1 cup of cooked crumbles), divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- few drops Tabasco sauce, optional
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or a cheddar and Monterey jack blend, divided
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Spray 8 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking it up into small chunks as it cooks. With a slotted spoon remove the sausage to paper towels to drain thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until well blended. Add the salt, pepper, parsley, and Tabasco, Mix well. Add about three-quarters of the sausage and about 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and mix to blend.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the remaining sausage and cheese over the filled muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until the frittatas have puffed and set. Remove the pan to a rack and use a knife or spatula to loosen the sides. Lift them out onto a plate.
- Serve these mini frittatas with a little ketchup, salsa, or marinara sauce, or serve with sliced tomatoes on the side.
Tips and Variations
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of finely chopped bell pepper or green onion tops to the egg mixture.
- Cut the preparation and cooking time and use refrigerated pre-cooked sausage crumbles.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|