Add an elegant note to any menu with this small brioche rolls recipe. Rich and eggy, these little bread are perfect with a steamy mug of coffee for breakfast, or as a surprise accompaniment to a big, family dinner. Liven up a simple soup with these rolls alongside. They're perfect for party guests, because they take only 20 minutes of active preparation and they make such a beautiful, elegant presentation.They're perfect for party guests, because they take only 20 minutes of active preparation and they make such a beautiful, elegant presentation.
Cook's note: Plan ahead of time to make these. While these petite brioche rolls take only 20 minutes of preparation, plus baking time, they require at least 6 hours for the dough to rest and rise in the refrigerator. This proving cannot be rushed so plan and prepare ahead of time. You'll be glad you did.
- 1/2 cup water (warm)
- 3 teaspoons yeast (dried quick)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (granulated)
- 6 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 12 tablespoons butter (softened)
- Egg Wash:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, beating after each addition, until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add half of the flour and all the salt to the eggs and continue beating the mixture on low speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour and beat on low speed for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough loosely and refrigerate it for at least 6 to 8 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Allow the dough to come to room temperature.
- Beat the softened butter into the dough for 2 to 3 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of additional all-purpose flour, if needed, to make a soft, elastic texture.
- Lightly butter each brioche mold.
- Divide the dough into 18 to 20 balls, depending on how many brioche molds are available.
- Remove 1/4 of the dough from each piece and roll it into a smaller ball.
- Place the larger piece of dough into each mold and top it with the miniature ball.
- Repeat the process with each remaining brioche mold.
- Allow the dough to rise, covered loosely, in a warm place on a baking sheet for 90 minutes, or until it is doubled in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brush the brioche with the egg wash and bake the rolls for 20 to 24 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Serve the petite brioche rolls within 1 day for the best quality.
This miniature brioche rolls recipe makes 18 to 20 servings.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|